Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
Facing Pierce County Homelessness: Creating HomeFULLness Learn More
- Community forum on April 28, 2018 at Tacoma Convention Center. This page has power points, pictures and evaluation information from the forum. Check out the follow-up presentation to Pierce County here as well.
Homelessness CoLab Workshop Learn More
- Homelessness Action
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
The Voter Learn More
- Monthly Publications of the League of Women Voters of Tacoma-Pierce County
They Represent You (TRY) Learn More
- They Represent You
Elections Learn More
- How to register to vote? ...and more
Unit Meeting Materials Learn More
- Unit Meeting Presentations
League_Book_Group Learn More
- Interested in joining a group to read and discuss stimulating books? League Book Group meets every first Thursday of the month at 2:30 pm, Wheelock Branch Library, 722 North 26th Street, Tacoma.
Going On Now Learn More
- See announcements and fliers of our current activities
CENTENNIAL QUILT WINNER!
At the raffle drawing, Sunday, June 9, 2019, the following person's ticket was drawn, and she will receive the Centennial quilt:
Sandra Herndon, ticket # 100296
Each month, one of our members submits a brief book review to be published in the Voter. The following list provides ideas of books that may be of interest to League members and others. Take a look at our Voter for additional book ideas.
Making Democracy Work: Growing, Mobilizing, Educating and Protecting the Vote
See us on TV Tacoma: http://www.cityoftacoma.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=169&pageId=6701
The Tacoma-Pierce County League of Women Voters is dedicated to making democracy work by growing, mobilizing, educating and protecting the vote. Our current work is highlighted on this page; other pages have additional background and information.
You don't have to be a League member to participate! Join one of our unit meeting discussions on timely issues; attend a forum; talk to people you meet there - and see if you like it. We welcome the public at all of our events.
Forum Series: Civility, Incivility & Civil Disobedience
The very popular forum series on Civility, Incivility and Civil Disobedience has now concluded. You can watch the premier forum, "Civility, Whose Role Is It Anyway?", which was on February 4, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LveGSmnVJJs&feature=youtu.be
Amy Young, PhD, Professor at PLU, opened with an historical perspective. Read Amy's speech here.
Suggestions for new forum topics can be sent to Action Chair, Cynthia Stewart, email@example.com.
League members have been working hard visiting high school civics and social studies classes to discuss voting rights and registering eligible students to vote. Take a look at this infographic being used in the schools.
Download the flier here.